Sunday, July 29, 2007

Stirfry Success!


Last night I made a different, simplier stirfry than the one a couple of days ago. Despite it's simplicity, it was much tastier! It had onions, garlic, fresh ginger, cremini mushrooms, carrots, 3 baby bok choy, zucchini, snow peas, and this wheat roast I bought at Wheatsville. The wheat roast is similar to seitan, since the main ingredient is wheat gluten, but it is much firmer and denser, and also has peanut butter, tamari and nutritional yeast. It is so good! I also used a tablespoon of this stirfry spice mixture, which has seasame seeds and various spices, and made a sauce out of vegetable steaming liquid, bragg's, and arrowroot powder(although much less arrowroot than the last strifry!) based on the Basic Chinese Sauce from Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas. So now I see that you can have a very tasty stirfry without globs of agave nectar and arrowroot powder!

5 comments:

urban vegan said...

Looks wonderful!

Hilary said...

Definitely try a green smoothie like the one I made. You'll be surprised that it's not gross. Haha.

Mmm that stirfry looks great! And I think I'll be giving your recipe for pasta with chickpeas and veggies a try!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

looks like a great stir-fry! And your pasta from the other night looks delicious as well (I LOVE chickpeas in pasta)

Peggy said...

Wheat roast? Sounds real cool, I'll definitely try to get that somewhere! I'm really quite intrigued- I haven't had seitan before either. I know, I'm such a loser! :(

Anyways, your stir-fry looks great. :)

KleoPatra said...

What is a wheat roast? i need to find out more!!! This is a terrific meal, i like what you did here!!