Monday, July 9, 2007

First, before I tell about the curry we had tonight, I have some wonderful news. Today I finally got my AP scores! I've been waiting so long for them, worrying that I would score as well as I expected. Well, I had absolutely nothing to worry about! I scored exactly what I had expected and wanted to score! I got a 5 (the highest you can score) in Chemistry and US History, and a 4 in English Language and Composition! I was so happy and relieved, but really, deep down I always knew I scored well. I worked hard all year and studied, and all that effort payed off.

Also, today I start my 5 and a half week Stretching and Flexiblity class at Austin Community College. This class is just what I need to get into shape. I already walk and or jog for about an hour nearly every day, but I don't do any strength training or stretching, which is what I really need, so this class is perfect. But, the class is nearly two hours long for four days a week, so I may be really tired afterwards. Also, I need another half credit of P.E. in order to graduate next year, and this class counts as a P.E. equivalent, and it's only fourty dollars. This way, I can have just 5 classes this year, and two off periods, and avoid the horrors of high school P.E. as a senior.



Anyway, here was what we had for dinner tonight: Red Curry With Tofu, Sweet Red Peppers and Snow Peas. We used unsweetened Almond Breeze instead of coconut milk. Even with almond milk, it was still great. It was very light and fresh, with the peppers and snow peas still delightfully crunchy, yet flavorful and spicy at the same time. I got the recipe from Real Thai Vegetarian by Nancie McDermott.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was excited he tasted it. I don't know if my dad would ever go vegetarian, but he is jealous I have enough discipline to be vegan and eat healthier. My mom tastes some of my food too, but she loves her frozen yogurt, so she'd never go vegan. That red curry with tofu and veggies you made looks great! And congrats on your AP scores! [: