Monday, July 2, 2007

Spicy Thai Stew



Tonight I made Spicy Thai Stew from The Everyday Vegan by Dreena Burton. Now I know the picture doesn't look great. However, the picture does not do this stew justice. This stew is delicious! It tastes very rich and creamy, but is very nutritious and filled with a colorful variety of vegetables- red and yellow peppers, orange sweet potatoes, green celery, green and red swiss chard. It could have been a little more spicy, but that in no way took away from the overall appeal of this tasty stew. I used cashew butter instead of the almond butter called for, and it worked perfectly. I suppose the nut butter is intended to imitate coconut milk, but with much less saturated fat.

2 comments:

urban vegan said...

Nice! I personally am addicted to coconut milk, but I use the lowfat variety.

Rose said...

Thanks, I try :)
She's only seven years old.