Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Curry and Muffins


Last night for dinner, I made another lovely, spicy curry from Real Vegetarian Thai. It was the Red Curry with Eggplant and Sweet Peppers. It had much more flavor and variety than the other curry I made from this book, but the other curry was good in it's own way too. My mom didn't like it too much because it was too spicy for her. She really hates spicy food. It had lime leaves in them, which have a real strong flavor, so maybe that was too much for her too, but I liked it.



I also made the Banana Date Walnut Muffins from the Fatfree Vegan Kitchen blog. I knew about these muffins since Susan first blogged about them, but I never considered actually making them until I read about how much VeggieGirl enjoyed them. So, yesterday afternoon, when there was yet another pile of brown bananas sitting on the table threatening to ferment, I decided to make the highly rated muffins. I made a few minor adjustments to the original recipe: I used all whole wheat pastry flour, I used unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 tsp vanilla instead of vanilla soymilk, and used 1/3 cup of date sugar instead of 1/2 cup of white sugar. Even with these modifications, they turned out wonderful! They were so moist and sweet, and the tops seemed to rise more than most of my previous attemps at making muffins have. The only problem was at first the muffins stuck to the paper muffin cups I used. However, I had one today and for the most part, I was able to get the paper off without parts of the muffin stick to the paper. I think the muffins just needed to sit and firm up more.


Today I finished my first week of my ACC class, and I am so glad it's over. I'm so sore! I bet I'll get used to it though. Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

you definitely should try them, they're perfect for breakfast and pretty fast to make too.

Hilary said...

you definitely should try them, they're perfect for breakfast and pretty fast to make too.

Hilary said...

yeah, i was thinking maybe that was why i didn't like it. i think its something that'll grow on me, cause it wasn't bad.. just different than anything i'd tasted before.