Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry



On Sunday night, I made Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry from Veganomicon. It was very tasty and healthy, but it's one of those recipes that tastes better the next day. I ate leftovers last night, and they were much more flavorful, and the red lentils had thickened up a little more. It was mostly cauliflower, red lentils, onions and parsnips with various spices, including my favorite, cinnamon. I haven't had parsnips since I made this a year and a half ago, but really liked them in this dish. They have a starchy taste and texture and are slightly sweet, like a sweet potato, but white instead of orange, and probably less calories than a sweet potato.

Yesterday was my first day volunteering at the library. It was pretty fun, I helped out with this program for teens in the summer reading program, and then cleaned children's tapes. I'm going to volunteer there every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Have a great day everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never made leftovers for this recipe, but I'll have to try this, I miss it!

Rose said...

I love curries!

P.S. You've been tagged! Go to my blog for more details...

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I am convinced all things indian and pumpkin are better the next day

Anonymous said...

I have been searching on ebay for a good book to help me with my diet. In the end I googled it and found this site http://www.hungryforweightloss.com.

They are giving away a free ebook called "365 tips for healthy living". I didn't expect it to be any good because it's free but it's actually brilliant so I thought i'd share it here :)

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

Anonymous said...

На семейном совете решили взять кредит и купить [url=http://shkafy.com/photo/]шкафы купе фото[/url] расскажите что то, выбор сейчас такой большой растерялась я

Anonymous said...

[color=#99ddff]В этом месяце со своей супругой завершили ремонт и задумались о приобретении новой спальной мебели, в том числе, такого немаловажного предмета интерьера как [url=http://shkafy.com/vstroennye/]встроенный шкаф на заказ[/url]. подумали о приобретении и осознали, что не можем дать ответ на все вопросы, вызванные данным решением. Без опыта (пускай даже и не своего), как говорится, сложно! Помогите, пожалуйста, советом! какой выбрать шкаф, и какие моменты стоит учитывать при покупке? На что понадобится обратить внимание, покупая шкаф? Или, разумнее, его заказать? А какие материалы и комплектующие приобрести? Для меня эти и другие нюансы являются неразрешимой загадкой. помимо того интересуют [url=http://shkafy.com/]шкафы купе[/url]. в каком случае выбор шкафа купе будет намного целесообразнее, нежели выбор стандартного шкафа? Хочется услышать мнение людей, которые приобрели шкаф и могут дать некий совет. Буду весьма признателен за ваше мнение.Спасибо![/color]

Anonymous said...

Всем привет, Вас посетила просто блестящая идея

Anonymous said...

привет, Извините за то, что вмешиваюсь… Но мне очень близка эта тема. Могу помочь с ответом.